Hi there Living Savvy fans. I'm Carol from The Design Pages and I'm honoured to be here today. Fall is my very favourite time of year so it was pretty difficult for me to narrow down my list to only 5 things I love about it. I decided to keep it regional and show you the 5 things I love about fall in my city.
1. Changing Colours - There is nothing that can stop me in my tracks like a burst of colour that comes with the changing leaves at this time of year.
2. Grapes - I live in Canada's wine making mecca and this time of year the vines are bursting with grapes that are ready to be harvested. I live beside some of the vineyards and I walk by them every day when I take the dog for walks. Watching the grapes grow is pretty amazing.
3. Apple picking - I usually bypass the cherry, raspberry and strawberry picking because it's so hot in the summer but at this time of year I love to put on a sweater and head to the apple orchard. Apple pies, apple butter and apple jelly!!
4. Pumpkin Patches - My kids are past the point of being entertained by sitting atop giant pumpkins but I still love going to the local pumpkin patch to buy what I need for decorating. I recently bought somewhere around 20 pumpkins and paid only $25 for all of them!!
5. Wine Tasting - The wine industry here wouldn't survive without the influx of tourists all summer. It is nice though once they all go back their lives and we can spend time lounging around the wineries without the crowds.
Thanks for having me here today Tiffany. I hope you're making tons of progress in your new pad!
A girl after my own heart! I love harvest season, and wine tasting!
Thanks for sharing Carol!